THE CEMETERY

2015/02/07



This week we had the first snow of the year this winter here in London. I know, we were super late and calling those few millimeters of frosty water 'snow' is probably ridiculous but who cares? Everything was white and the kids actually builded an Olaf (remember the time when those creatures were just called 'snowman'?) and that is what counts. Plus the white coat gave me another reason – besides the obvious – to take my camera with me into the cemetery behind our house. Whilst I always thought about graveyards as cold and creepy places, this one is entirely different. It is quiet and abandoned. The fact that the tombstones are mostly overgrown and it seems like nobody actually visits anybody here makes it so mystical, magical even. There are headless angels and stone lions and I actually wouldn't be surprised if I found James and Lily engraved somewhere. And even though the snow makes it even more peaceful and atmospheric, I officially have enough of it. Yes, I am not much of a snow-person and hate me for it but I'd even prefer rain. Just being honest. love from ldn, lea










No comments: