COLOURS OF NOTTING HILL

2015/02/10


I have to admit something. I am living in London for half a year now and never made it to Notting Hill until the last month of my stay. Shame on me. But better late than never, right? So when one of my lovely friends came to visit me last weekend (and by that I mean the weekend before the last one – having no laptop for one week means posting 'old' pictures), I decided to take her to this oh so perfect area. I don't think that Notting Hill really needs a long text to worship the colours of the houses, the little shops, the tons of perfect cafés and of course the famous market on Portobello Road, since everybody has seen the film and yes, that is what the borough actually looks like. Unfortunately the weather on that weekend wasn't exactly as nice so the pictures turned out a bit dark and grey. Just imagine everything in brightest sunlight! To make a long story short: Notting Hill, you got my heart! Is it possible to miss something while you still have it? – This is my last week in England and I am already getting this feeling of nostalgia... you probably call it homesickness. Can you be homesick for a place that isn't actually home? love from ldn, lea






















No comments: